High in probiotics!
* List of foods with high probiotics*
2) Dark chocolate
3) Pickled Cucumbers
This isn’t a massively long list, however these foods are commonly used, cheap to buy, and even more interesting to make!
* 1 quart 2% milk
* 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
1) Put the milk in a large sized pan and heat on medium heat. Cook the milk until it reaches 180 degrees make sure to sturr so it doesn’t burn. Cook for 5-7 minutes let cool until it reaches 115 degrees.
2) Whisk together together 1 cup milk and yogurt add this to the remaining milk.
3) Place the mixture into a 1 quart Mason jar (Pretty sure other methods of containment can be used but this is the preferred method.) Don’t put the lid on, use two clean kitchen towels to cover the sides an top. Let yogurt stand undisturbed until it has a custard like consistency (Anywhere from 5-7 hours.)
4) Refrigerate uncovered jar until it is cool to the touch (about 30 minutes or so) when it is cold, put on the jar’s lid.
Dark Chocolate- Ingredients
* 1/4 cup coconut oil
* 1/4 cup cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
* 1 1/2 tbsp honey
* 1/2 tsp vanilla
1) Using a small sauce pan melt together coconut oil, cocoa butter, maple syrup, honey and vanilla.
2) Whisk this until it is completely melted (Free of all clumps.)
3) Pour into a candy bar mold (If you can’t find one of these, you can use a bowl with a proper lid, or even a cookie sheet.
4) Freeze for at least 15 Minutes until hardened, make sure to store your home made dark chocolate in the freezer!
Pickled Cucumber- Ingredients
* 1 seedless cucumber (seeded ones are fine as well it’s all in your preferred taste.) Thinly slice the cucumber.
* 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* Pinch salt (Can be adjusted for taste)
* 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1) Mix all ingredients in a big bowl.
2) Serve immediately or you can let the mixture marinate in the fridge for better taste.